Friday, June 4, 2021

No longer obese!

Hi! Apologies for the word vomit below, I haven't talked to anyone much about my weight loss and I feel the need to document today after hitting a milestone!

31F 5'8"/172-173cm SW: ~225lbs/102KG CW:196.2/89KG GW: 165lbs/75kg

I woke up this morning to a weight of 196.2, putting my BMI at 29.8!

I'm kind of regretting not documenting this journey, but it's one of those things that have just snowballed. Last year, my GERD got really bad. I'd be burping for hours every night, no exaggeration. My chest always felt tight, but my doctor said it was probably just my GERD. She did mention my weight, but just prescribed me a new PPI for it. I'm not positive on an exact "starting weight", because I didn't have a start date, but I think to say 225 would probably be pretty accurate, based on a couple of doctor appointments I had late last year.

Sometime in January or February, I felt so bad that I just decided to make better decisions. I ate less "bad food" and started eating more fruits and vegetables. Then, around March I joined the YMCA. Then I got a scale (at this point I was around 216). After some weeks of that, I downloaded the loseit app.

I stopped using the app sometime around the time we went into another lockdown (Ontario). But after a few weeks, I made myself start tracking again. I've also been walking about 6 days a week since the gym closed.

I'm far from perfect with my calories. I eat some bad meals, I snack on sugary things sometimes. But in general I'm making better choices, and I usually stay under my calorie goal. I am looking to make better habits in general, but I'm never going to give up potato chips or cake or whatever forever.

The good news is it worked! I almost never have GERD symptoms, and I feel so much healthier (it's hard to put it in words, but I was just feeling so blah before). I'm going to keep going with a calorie deficit and my walks or gym (when it finally reopens- Ontario is dragging its feet). Next stop 165 pounds!

submitted by /u/tarawithaqu3stion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fPZ3s6

No comments:

Post a Comment