Sunday, June 6, 2021

The pride and shame of weight loss

I'm at the point of my journey where my weight loss is becoming noticeable (even to myself, thank goodness!!). I'm getting a lot of comments, mostly positive, on how I look, what I've been doing and how much weight I've lost and I sometimes I find it really awkward to answer.

On one hand, I'm really proud of what I have achieved but on the other, I find it embarrassing that people noticed how big I was before and even somewhat shameful to talk about how much weight I have lost and how much more I need to lose. Even with my close friends and family I under value how much weight I want to lose when they ask (eg: I tell them I want to lose approx 30kg total when really I want around 40 - 45kg total).

It's totally all in my head and I'm usually a very open person but for some reason I feel like I can't be truthful about my progress and goals. Can anyone else relate and have any tips on how to feel more confident about this topic?

submitted by /u/patronus12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fWW4yb

No comments:

Post a Comment