Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Today I'm the lightest I've been in almost a decade! 28.3 kg / 62.39 pounds down to 100kg!

Welcome to my Ted talk!

Let me just start with a massive thanks to this community and r/1200isplenty - I have finally reached my first goal of 100kg after 186 days of logging my food, intermittent fasting and nearly daily walks.

I started my weight loss journey for the possible 100th time early December last year. This time I was backed by a motivation to work on myself and do something for me and my mental health as I was so unhappy about how I looked and the loss of mobility I was experiencing with my continuous (slow thankfully) weight gain.

This has not been easy, but the result is amazing. During the time I've had a root canal infection, stress with work, I've had covid, dealt with depression, anxiety and two plateaus.

I've gone from size 22 uk to 16uk in jeans, I can actually feel my hip bone! I've lost my muffin top and I feel great wearing clothes I usually would not wear!

It was hard for me to notice the difference in the first 15-20kg, even though I took before and after photos I couldn't see much of a difference even though others did. I noticed I could move a lot more easily but I just couldn't see it the way others could.

Now that I can see such a difference, not only with the clothes that I used to wear but actually - my body - and its something I used to find so underrated.

what I learned on the way: the importance of realistic goals and reminding yourself that this is for you and you're only doing it for yourself. Weight loss should not be a fight against yourself but something that you enjoy.

Do plenty of research and don't be afraid to ask questions. Weighing yourself every day can be demotivating, but it's good to keep a good record of your weight loss progress, ups and downs.

I've learned to be proud of myself. Even with my personal history, even though I thought I would not be able to lose weight without intensive exercise and or a weight loss surgery, loads and loads of doubt - I'm proving myself wrong and I'm proud of what I have achieved, and it's not wrong to brag about it! (maybe just don't over do it lol)

You will learn that some food will make you feel sick that you enjoyed before, I didn't realise when I was super strict on myself that I cut out crisps and chocolate for a solid 2-3 months, and after having some when I was offered them as a treat I started feeling uncomfortable and almost a bit sick. Berries have become my new snack and squash is amazing when you want a sweet drink (I love fun light - it's sugar free and has so many flavours!)

I may be naive, but at this point I think If I can do it, you can do it. You only need to get there mentally which yes - is the hard part, but remember that it is all about being kind to yourself in the "right" way.

Thank you, this was my Ted talk.

Tldr: lost weight, pretty happy about it. Be kind to yourself, and you can do it.

submitted by /u/Misscreeper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pyPWzx

No comments:

Post a Comment