Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Under 200 for the first time since college!

This isn't exactly breaking news, but I finally feel confident that my new weight has stuck. After hopping back and forth for a while, I finally recorded a 7-day average weight under 200lbs!

It's amazing how much this has improved my outlook on my journey. I actually teared up a bit when I realized that this wasn't like the dozens of other times I've tried to lose weight and given up. This time is different!

For anyone curious, my diet is pretty simple. I do CICO during the week with a highly regimented vegetarian meal plan, then OMAD on the weekend. The latter I modify a bit by snacking on a couple pieces of dried fruit during the day if my tummy is rumbling, but then I can have basically whatever I want for dinner. And yes, this is where the burgers come in lol

As for exercise, it's just straight up walking! I have hit 10,000 steps/day minimum (with one exception due to an emergency) for the last two months straight. I have walked in the rain, I have walked in the blazing heat. I pace at work when I take my smoke breaks. I have been sunburned, eaten up by bugs, and had a couple dogs lunge at me. But I walk every single day because I'm not done yet.

I have been derailed plenty of times since I got serious about weight loss in January. Friends and family visit from out of town and suddenly we're eating tons of food and having a bunch of drinks together. But I finally realized that I can't just give up because I slipped. Monday always comes, and then it's back to the system. And the best part is how easy it has become! I feel the life change becoming more permanent, and I'm super stoked to see how far I can take this!

I feel a little embarrassed because I feel like I'm bragging... but I also want everyone here to know that if I can do it, so can you! I didn't have the highest SW or any exceptionally difficult physical health problems preventing me from losing the weight, but this is the culmination of a decade of me trying and failing different systems. Seeing my activity return actual results has done wonders for my mental health and made me more determined than ever.

tl;dr - I'm in the best shape I've been in since college. After 10 years of stressing and failing, I finally found something that works for me. Keep going and don't give up! I'm certainly not stopping yet. We'll get to our goals together :)

submitted by /u/MookSmilliams
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3x6vclg

No comments:

Post a Comment