Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Frustrated with family reaction to my weight loss-- just a vent

Since Christmas Eve of 2020, I've quietly lost 49.6 pounds... just shy of that 50 pound mark. My sister-in-law just started a weight loss journey 3 weeks ago. She is about 80 or 100 pounds heavier than my start weight, and she's lost 3 pounds. My mom just said to me, "Oh-- your SIL is doing SO GREAT with her weight loss." Meanwhile, she hasn't noticed mine AT ALL. I just gave away 2 bags full of clothing to goodwill because I was practically swimming in my wardrobe. I had to buy 2 sizes smaller, and I'm still shrinking.

Now, my family of origin has some serious issues, but COME ON, PEOPLE! I'm having a hard enough time seeing it myself, though my husband assures me that anyone with eyeballs can see that I've lost weight. He's super encouraging, but dern-- it's so discouraging when your own mother doesn't see it. Erg.

EDIT TO ADD: This is not to belittle my sister-in-law's weight loss. I'm proud of her for her loss. I don't begrudge her the small beginning. The weight loss journey is one pound at a time, and I'm glad she's tending to her health better. This is just about the fact that my mom praised her weight loss to me while completely ignoring mine.

submitted by /u/Mermaid_Lily
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cstlPJ

No comments:

Post a Comment