Tuesday, August 3, 2021

2 month update along with some encouragement and tips to pass on

SW(6/1/21): 330 lbs. CW(8/1/21): 304.8(25.2 lbs. lost) GW(7/1/22): 230 lbs.

40(m) yr old here. Just a quick background on me. I have always been on the bigger side growing up but I played sports year round so it never got too bad. Went off to college and gained the freshman 50 not 15 😂. That gain was due to a combination of eating/fixing food on my own and not playing sports or working out as often. Got up to 300lbs by my late 30s but being 6’3’ with a large chest/shoulder frame I didn’t really mind it. My ex wife did weight watchers so I did it by default since she got rid of all my “bad food” but it worked I dropped down to 240. We split up and I stopped doing the weight watchers so naturally I slowly gained the weight back…and more 🙄

Present day: The last few years I have had a little heart palpitation but it comes and goes, I never thought much of it. Well back in May I had several in a row and legit thought I was having a heart attack. I was clammy, short of breath and freaked out. After going to the ER and doing all the tests, I had no blockages or anything wrong but the doctor said I should prob drop a few pounds, cut back on caffeine and exercise again. I have 6 kids(3 of them are step kids) and a new wife of a year and a half, so naturally I want to be around for a while so now I am back on lifestyle change which weight loss will be a by product.

I am no expert but in my field of work I know what to do to keep weight down and how to eat properly, exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. Picture a lung cancer doctor that smokes cigarettes…that would a similar situation. Here are a few things I know/learned from my previous weight loss and this time around too.

  1. Find a reason to lose weight other than aesthetics. For me even though I’ve been big I haven’t cared one bit how I look. Obviously looking skinnier will be great but I’m using my kids/wife as motivation. I want to live a long healthy life and be able to enjoy myself and not be too big and unhealthy to get around.

  2. Plan, plan, plan! I don’t sit down and package my food in meat nice containers for the week but I absolutely think about my meals. If I don’t know what I’m going to eat or plan it out, then I usually jus grab some quick and unhealthy.

  3. Cut back on alcohol and other drinks. I love alcohol, I love whiskey, I love a cold beer on the beach or Sunday during football season. However, 5-6 nights of drinking wasn’t healthy plus I was usually consuming 1500-2000 calories a night. Now I just drink on Friday and Saturday nights.

  4. Don’t deprive yourself of foods you love, reward yourself. I latter my most recent weigh in crushed it, so I rewarded myself with pizza that night and got my wife to cook biscuits and gravy the next morning and then crushed that as well 😂. I know if I just never eat anything “bad” then I will overdo it and eat an entire pizza when I do get a slice

  5. Don’t punish yourself if you slip up

  6. Fad diets may help temporarily but they aren’t sustainable and will kill your wallet. My sister and brother in law do one of them, they can only eat a bar/shake for bfast and lunch and one of the companies meals fo dinner. It also costs them $400 per month!

  7. Exercise helps but diet is more important. It’s easier to eat a deficit of 500 calories than it is to burn 500 calories.

  8. Keep healthy snacks handy

  9. Drink lots of water

  10. Chew gum to trick your body into thinking your eating

I’m sure there are plenty more and I’m sure some will disagree with some of these, but this has worked for me!

If you have any questions about my meals or what I’m eating or what types of workouts I’m doing let me know, I would love to share what I have learned but also what I’ve known for years but was just too lazy to do

submitted by /u/fuzzy-----dunlop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fpnEmX

No comments:

Post a Comment