Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Family negative about my weight loss

Today, for the first time since I was a kid, I have a normal body fat percentage and lean body mass according to my Eufy scale. The only things that still say High, are Muscle Mass and Bone related. I've always worked out a lot. My Weight and BMI are still a bit high, but I'm working on it. I know it's probably not accurate, but I'm taking it as an accomplishment!

I'm 5'10 1/2", and 181.8lbs as of today. With my goal being to weigh 160lbs. I've considered 155 before, but I'm So Nervous to go any lower. I think I'll wait to see myself at 160 first.

I'm posting this because my family is Very Negative about my weight loss, aside from my sister. My mom Always says my face/head is getting too small, "it won't look right". And just now my father asked me randomly "how much more weight do you plan to lose". And the last time I lost a lot of weight, my uncle straight up said "you look sick.." to my face, and grandma and aunts seemed to agree. I know they talk about it behind my back.

I've been overweight Most of my life, but have periods where I lose a lot of it. The first time I did this, I was in Highschool. I'd undereat, and exercise 3-4 hours in my room. I'd say my body type is mesomorphic, with a naturally larger build. I'd always feel cold. I couldn't control my body temperature, which I later found out to be a sign that, Yes, I was indeed Undereating. But that's Not the point! My mom only expressed concern about my eating habits two or three times to me. It was me Visually which upset everybody. I would say I was, 5' 9 1/2", 140-150, in the 10 or 11th grade.

No one at school ever said anything about me weighing too little. The closest thing would be a group of girls behind me having a catty conversation about how I walk like a model, and being in disbelief when a girl pointed out that I was a boy. They couldn't believe it and tapped me on my shoulder to find out. I wasn't openly trans back then.

So I'm wondering if it's my shrinking build, becoming more effeminate Than Ever, that's Truly upsetting them. I know they could never gets those words out their mouth if that was the case. Or maybe it's because they are southern, and more fond of their southern body types..

But most likely it's just because I look funny to them thin. So much so they can't keep it to themselves, they Love to gossip. Which sucks because they all know I struggle with self-esteem, anxiety, and I stick to myself. So they don't care if they take my 1 accomplishment away from me if it gives them something else to talk about. I guess they want me to look like all of them, overweight.

Anyways, I guessing I'm typing to find out ways to deal with this. Yes I've straight up told them to Stop/ How it makes me feel.. but they will not. Has anyone else here delt with this before? It already sucks having my "behind" shrink in the process, and having to accept that, if I'm being honest. So the Extra negativity really suck and feels uncalled for! ;/

I've lost 69.5lbs over the last 11 months btw

submitted by /u/TransAfricanQueenBBW
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A6oVqZ

No comments:

Post a Comment