Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Waiting for the Woosh

5' 4" / F / 186 pounds

So I've lost about 6 pounds in the past 6 weeks. I'm trying to not beat myself up about it because I know this is a healthy weight loss rate, but I guess I'm just impatient and annoyed I haven't lost more in this timeframe.

Based on my calorie tracking, cutting of refined carbs, higher intake of protein, and working out more extensively almost everyday, I thought I would lose more (2 pounds/week according to my calorie cutting and calculations). I know 1 pound/week is still good, but I'm really hoping/waiting for a WOOSH of weight loss to happen. My weight has not budged this week, even though I should be losing.

With this in mind, I am losing inches (3 inches off chest and hips, 4 inches of waist) and I am strength training, so I'm thinking the weights/added muscle may have something to do with it. I also have been off my period now for 3 days, so I'm just waiting for a woosh hopefully soon.

Just wondering what everyone else's woosh experiences have been? Especially with periods, I thought the woosh would happen at the end of my period but mine's already ended for a few days? Does anyone else eat at maintenance to trick your metabolism to woosh? Also should I maybe do more cardio and less strength training in order to better accurately see weight loss?

Lots of thoughts/questions, but just looking to hear experiences. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Fun-Walk-3430
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fvVXJl

No comments:

Post a Comment