Tuesday, August 3, 2021

8 month weightloss update - 35lbs

I just realised it'd been a LONG time since my last post showing my weight loss. I won't lie; I have not done any exercise routine. I haven't finally found a love of HIIT or become a 6 am 10k run person. Chances are, I never will. HOWEVER, I have found ways to exercise are not always miserable and that running actually isn't bad, and I am physically capable of a 5k. That's a pretty big change in mindset.

More importantly, though, is the fact today I woke up and saw that I haven't changed at all in 8 months. That sounds terrible, doesn't it? But it's not! I have maintained my weight loss for 3/4 of a year after believing it would never be possible at all. And despite the horrible, horrible year we've had and added stress, it's been easy! The techniques I learned through losing weight really did make maintaining better, I haven't calorie counted at all the last 2 months, and I'm the same weight. I know portions now and how to eat well, and I genuinely understand my hunger cues, from not ever getting them and stuffing my face every chance I could now if I've eaten a huge amount at a restaurant, I'm quite content to eat when I want rather than eating again at the next meal time and being miserable.

Weight loss was simple but not easy, and I don't believe maintenance will always be easy, but it's such a relief to realise that I am capable of it. I'm sure this sounds like an unbelievably irritating, arrogant post, but I started this journey over a year ago now feeling miserable and not thinking anything would change. Then it started to change, and it was WORK, and I was starting to get terrified that when life started back up, and I had to go to work and school, I would just end up back where I was. That I could never eat a pizza again or the work canteen chips would cause a downfall never seen before. So I can happily announce that that hasn't happened and that looking after myself mentally and physically is the best possible thing I could have done to let everything else in my life fall into place.

I really hope everyone out there who's where I was knows that a) it's possible, b) small healthy habits are the key c) maintenance is really weird. It feels like you're eating loads d) please love yourself for everything you do. I know 35lbs wasn't much to lose in the grand scheme of things, but as a petite woman, it SHOWED. I won't lie; I now feel like my body looks like a trash bag filled with water draped over a garden chair, I have no ass, and my boobs have found a home in my armpits. But I don't care; I definitely like how I look more than I did, PLUS I can run for the bus if I need to. I can carry all my groceries home, and my addiction to food = happiness is gone. There was a point in weight loss where I reached my goal and was miserable because I wasn't suddenly perfect, but 8 months on, I feel pretty great.

submitted by /u/Defiant_Dingo_9312
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iiNA5B

No comments:

Post a Comment