Monday, August 23, 2021

I can't believe it's actually happening!

I (F32 5'3" SW: 240, CW: 233) have been steadily gaining weight, 120 lbs to be exact, over the past decade and have never been able to lose weight except for 2-3 lbs that I always gain back (and then some). I never committed more than a week to weight loss and I'm currently two weeks in and 7 lbs down!

I had some routine blood work done 3 weeks ago and my A1C levels were in the Prediabetes category which scared me. My doctor said if I don't change my diet I will most likely develop diabetes (it runs in my family). I'm only 32 so it basically shocked me into taking my weight loss seriously.

I've been staying around 1600-1700 calories a day, hiking an easy 1.5 miles 4 times a week, riding my bike to and from work a few days a week (~5 miles in total) and Yoga w/Adriene sprinkled in sometimes. I'm still eating the foods I love, but I decided to add more veggies and fruit and eat whole grains as much as I can. I also decided to cut my soda intake from 1-2 a day to 1-2 a week.

This is the first time this actually feels doable for me and sustainable. No fad diets, No deprivation, and the exercise I'm doing are things I actually enjoy.

submitted by /u/mayflower0011
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mmNwo1

No comments:

Post a Comment