Sunday, August 1, 2021

I feel like the scale is lying? I lost weight but don’t feel like I have

I [21F] gained a lot of weight in college and started my weight loss journey about a month ago after graduating/moving. I’ve set goal weights each week and consistently hit them, bought healthier foods and snacks, and started exercising each day before work. So far according to my bathroom scale I’ve lost about 15 pounds since first starting to monitor my weight, which is great, especially to only have done in my first month! Along the way, I have actually genuinely enjoyed sticking to an intense workout routine, eating nutrient-rich salads every day even while tempted by junk food at work, and finding fun activities to do on weekends that involve getting out and being active, so I’m not really worried about gaining weight back so long as I don’t fall back into my old habits.

Even though I’ve made a lot of progress, I feel like I don’t look or feel any different. I thought my clothes would start to feel looser and I’d notice the changes in the mirror, but I genuinely don’t feel like my body looks any different and my clothes fit the same. I still feel horribly out of place when I am next to my thin friends and am still extremely self-conscious out in public due to my appearance. I am trying my best to trust the process and slowly shed a few pounds week by week, month by month, but it’s hard to stay motivated because I still hate the way I look and I worry I will constantly feel this way, even as I continue to lose weight. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced feelings similar to this, but I wonder if/when I will actually start to see progress. Sometimes it’s really hard to trust that I will one day hit my goals when it feels like things are moving too slowly.

submitted by /u/thelilbel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zTxchY

No comments:

Post a Comment