Sunday, August 1, 2021

Please help me, how can I stay motivated to lose weight?!

Hey everyone,

20F, im 5'8 and around 186-188lbs atm. A little backstory, I was always at a good weight until I turned 16 which I slowly started gaining weight because I binge ate a lot. But because I had a decent metabolism my weight gain was slow. I was at 175 by the time I turned 17 and throughout that year I gained 23lbs. By the time I was 18 I was 198lbs and entered college I knew I had to lose weight, I dieted for around 1 month and a half and dropped down to 185lbs just by eating a bit better and working out 3-4 days a week. I stopped working out and slipped with my diet because I started getting stressed out by school. I didnt gain weight tho. I took a 4 month break to focus on school. I started my weight loss again by the end January 2020 and went down to 168lbs by the end of March. But since covid happened I started slipping again and started to binge eat again due to my stress about the pandemic.

Now its more than a year later and I went through a 7 month depressive episode which caused me to gain 25lbs. I lost a bit of it but its still a long way to go. My goal weight for me to feel comfortable is 165-170lbs. BUT I FIND IT SO HARD TO STAY CONSISTENT!! The most I have ever been consistent is around 2 months but I have a lot of mental issues which cause me to crash and abandon any consistency I have.

I’m genuinely so embarrassed because I always say I’m gonna start, I do and then I end up stopping after 6 weeks, it’s been like this for the past 3 years. I feel so LAZY. Ive been saying I was gonna lose weight since nov 2020 but I’ve only lost about 5lbs /:.

Im gonna start my workouts and meal prep today since its a brand new month but how do I ensure to stay consistent and not give up? I’d at least like to pursue weight loss for 6 months.

Please, any advice is appreciated!!!

submitted by /u/necksarefathered
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Cf0mKC

No comments:

Post a Comment