Sunday, August 22, 2021

I shopped in my mom’s closet yesterday

After two months of hiit workouts (3-4 times a week) + keto, I was able to pick out a dress from my mom’s closet to wear for an event! She a size US10/Medium.

Honestly, I have no idea where to begin but I’ll start. I found this group December 2020 (different username) and started my journey in January this year and had joined my first loseit challenge at 220 pounds and as a size US16. I started with just 30 minute daily walks and increasing my water intake. I also watched my calories and ate at a deficit to lose 1-2 pounds a week. In the beginning, the weight came off so quickly. There were a couple of days I fell off, but hopped right back on after reading posts from others here.

Weight loss kind of slowed down from April and June and I realized I should switch it up a little bit. I read more about keto and decided to try it with intermittent fasting. Additionally, my parents were going to hiit classes which they encouraged me to try. I loved it, so I started that 3-4 times a week in June/July. I step on the scale every morning out of curiosity, but it wasn’t moving much (maybe less than a pound a week). My cousin’s wedding was the first week of august and I fit into clothes that fit me in 2016. Which is i n s a n e! Those clothes fit me 20-30 pounds ago if I only look at the scale. It makes no sense because i am 191 pounds right now. But I learned that I’m building muscle at the same time, so that’s why I’m not seeing it on the scale.

So yesterday, I was trying on other clothes from 2015-16 to see what else might fit because I had an event to go to. I saw shorts at the bottom of my drawer that were a size 12 and I tried them on. They fit!!!! They were tight, but the button closed. Out of curiosity, I went to my moms closet to try on a dress. The first one I picked up, FIT!!! I teared a bit and FaceTimed my mom. She was so happy!!!!

I can’t wait to see where I am in the next few months. Trying to reach my goal weight of 150.

submitted by /u/cyb3rbae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3y8iUc7

No comments:

Post a Comment