Monday, August 2, 2021

Learning to make small behavior changes

Okay, I feel like I am finally making some headway into long term weight loss/maintenance. I always try to put a timer on how fast I need to lose weight but I end up gaining it back because it isn’t sustainable.

Now I am eating whatever I want but in smaller portions or modifying it to stay within my calorie range. My calorie limit is 2000. I calculated it for slow gradual weight loss. I workout hard 3 times a week (2 30 minute hiit peloton rides and one 30 minute tabata ride). Unfortunately, I can’t lift weights at the moment because my back is in severe pain (spinal stenosis and some other bone problems) that makes bending impossible.

An example of some modifying I did today: had a sub from a local sub shop (wawa for people who live in the north east) and instead of getting the classic size that is around 800 calories, I got the smaller size for only 400. Yea, I did have a butterscotch krimpet with it which isn’t “healthy” but the old me would’ve had the large sub and that so I count it as a win.

Tonight, I am having a beyond burger hut instead of getting fries with it I’m having a side salad instead. I also got one of the lower calorie dressings (balsamic vinegar) but I’m only going to use half of the dressing and not the full packet.

I’m done with crash diets and cutting sugar out, cutting carbs out, and being miserable. I’m just going to make small changes here and there that will add up to long term weight loss that I can maintain.

I have lost and kept off 10 pounds using this method. I fell off the path along the way but now I’m committed to sticking to it.

submitted by /u/Expensive_Historian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ilZA6F

No comments:

Post a Comment