Monday, August 23, 2021

Not losing weight despite a large deficit & hard work in the gym!?

I'm a 26 year old guy. I lift weights 6 times a week following a push/pull/legs routine and I've been doing so for about 4 months. I'm 120kg/264lb and have plenty of fat to lose. I'm around 28% body fat.

Since getting into the gym it's overtaken my life, I absolutely love it and I've actually been thinking about studying sports to go down a personal trainer route. However, despite hours and hours and hours of learning, I can't seem to fix my own body.

I've calculated my maintenance calories to be around 2700. This makes sense, as when I first started in the gym I ate 2500-3000 calories and maintained my weight, gained a lot of strength and some beginner muscle mostly in my upper body. However for the last 6 weeks or so I've reduced my calories - my MyFitnessPal average weekly calories went from 2300~ to 2100, to 1900 and now 1700 and I am STILL not losing weight. If I reduce my calories any further I'll struggle to hit my protein goal which is 180g~ at the moment and I won't have any energy for the gym.

I drink plenty, get a rest day every week and take a 2nd if I really need it, I walk about an hour a day in total to/from work in really hot weather - the only thing I can think of that is slowing down my weight loss could be sleep since I only get about 6.5 hours a night.

What do I do?

submitted by /u/Semprolive
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B1vTy8

No comments:

Post a Comment