Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Not losing weight, maybe my SSRI?

I've been down this road before in attempting to lose weight and I am losing my mind rather than my weight during this progress. I've tried dropping calories, changing macros, working out, eating more or less and anything I can think of that doesn't involve some lunatic diet that I won't be able to stick to and still I have had 0 change in weight. Shy of going to my doctor or a nutritionist I feel like I am doing the right thing but clearly not, so my only other idea is that maybe my SSRI is what is holding me back? I see lots of conflicting information online about it so I am not sure who to believe as some say it does make you gain weight and others say it doesnt.

Either way I'm a 30y/o male 6'0 at 220lbs give or take right now. Currently eating 1800 calories per day with 35% carbs 30% fat and 35% protein. Sometimes I won't hit my protein but will hit my calories overall but in terms if CICO I think 1800 is well below maintenance for my height and weight. I've tried 1600 calories and it was too little for me to function on and still resulted in 0 weight loss. I am also on 10mg cipralex which is an ultra low dose already but that is the only thing I can think of that would even remotely maybe mess with my weight at this point.

Does anyone have any experience with the drug or any pointers over all at what I am doing wrong? I absolutely hate being this weight and it's adversely affecting how I perceive myself and that only makes other things worse! Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

submitted by /u/thejustin2112
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ymCQZJ

No comments:

Post a Comment