Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sometimes, it’s okay not to hit your goal weight

In early June, I weighed myself at 165 pounds. For background, my preferred weight is 140. I’m 5’8, so my BMI was just hitting the overweight mark. Plus, my clothes were tight and I felt uncomfortable in my own skin. I thought to myself, “time to make a change.”

It didn’t help that I am hoping to fit into a size 4 wedding dress in mid-September. The same dress fit me well two years ago, but as you all know, pre-COVID plans can’t stay the same.

I had it in my head that I MUST be 140 pounds. Usually I only do cardio, but my mom (nurse) recommended lifting some light weights with high reps to put on some muscle. I’m a jogger, so I run around 20-25 miles a week. I ensured I was at a 700 calorie deficit, and I started a meal plan that wasn’t insanely limited in order to prevent myself from overindulging. For reference, my body type tends to lose weight quickly. Unfortunately, I also tend to put on weight quickly as well. 🤷‍♀️

I got on the scale today: 155. A healthy BMI. I tried on my wedding dress, thinking I would hate how I look. And… I love how I look. I didn’t hit my “goal weight,” but I don’t see any point in continuing my diet when 1) I like my appearance and 2) my weight is healthy.

I apologize for the length of this post. I guess I wanted to get this out, to vent and to say that sometimes we don’t need to hit a specific number in order to reach our goals. We all have our plans when we diet, and I don’t think it’s “giving up” to say “you know what, plans change, but damn did my hard work pay off.

TLDR- If your weight is healthy, it’s okay for your weight loss goals to change.

submitted by /u/ashtreeclearings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sEx03Z

No comments:

Post a Comment