Sunday, August 1, 2021

To all the "I do everything perfectly but I can't lose weight" crowd

So I don't need to lose weight anymore, and I am waiting to join my gym again in October to start weightlifting again. But I am still logging what I eat at the end of the day for data analysis purposes. However, due to stress and other things I had been in a pretty significant caloric deficit for every day of July, ~300, and lost some lbs. I am very confident about the extent of this caloric deficit, since I managed to discover how many calories I burn with my usual activities with a lot of experiments and empirical data during the years. I am also generally very active (for example I walk 7 miles a day on "normal amounts of walking" days).

Then the kind of stress I was under switched completely, and I kind of stress-ate for four days. I also couldn't do any physical activity in that period, walking included. I never binged, just ate bigger portions, more frequently and had more caloric-dense foods.

Results: completely annihilated the caloric deficit of the whole month. Four bad days can easily erase 26 good ones. Weight checks out too, after having flushed away the little water weight I had. I don't mind, but if I had just started my diet I would have been frustrated as hell. I knew I was eating more than my rest-days-TDEE , but during each single day I would have never guessed by how much I was going over, since I wasn't binging and I had no takeouts either. If I had these four days peppered through the month instead of consecutive I would have never even noticed the first weight loss.

The point of this post is to be careful with tracking accurately, especially if you aren't seeing results but doing everything "perfectly". Chances are you are doing everything almost perfectly, and that small fraction is messing up your hard work.

submitted by /u/kiwibutterket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3je2JV0

No comments:

Post a Comment