Saturday, August 21, 2021

When does weight loss "normalize", and what's considered a healthy loss if you're otherwise doing well?

On the night of the tenth, I decided to download a calorie counting app on a whim, because I love documenting things (I use sites like LibraryThing, The Backloggery, and MyAnimeList to track my media consumption), and now that I've broken a years-long sweet drink habit, now feels like a good time to lose weight. I'm having a good time so far, but I'm a little concerned with how much weight I'm actually losing. Wish I could claim this as a humble brag and say that I'm feeling good about it, but I'm just a naturally paranoid person. Seven pounds in ten days, when the app's most vigorous plan wants me to lose two pounds a week, feels like a bit much. I'm comforted by the fact that someone on here mentioned that the actual numbers will be weird and erratic at first, but being new to weight loss, I'm still kinda concerned that it might not be healthy. Thing is, it's not like I'm starving myself or pushing myself too hard. I'm eating the foods I want in reasonable amounts, and have only added half an hour of water-based exercise to my schedule. On one of my lowest-calorie days so far, I randomly accepted some leftover breakfast sausage and chicken fried steak from my sister... not super proud of not having vegetables with dinner, but it be like that sometimes?

https://i.imgur.com/ppbTKtp.png

On average, my net calories for the day have been around 1300, which is less than half the budget the app is currently affording me and feels easily sustainable. I don't think I'm going to have any problem continuing to do this and remaining satisfied with what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising, but is it healthy? How much loss per week is too much? Assuming my body adapts to the calorie deficit and the tiny bit of extra exercise, will I be seeing smaller, less worrying amounts of weight loss, or is five pounds a week something I should be okay with if it happens again? When should I start increasing my exercise level? Am I overthinking this (well, you don't have to answer that, I probably am), and should I just continue doing what feels right without worrying about the numbers?

submitted by /u/Chesu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kulm8b

No comments:

Post a Comment