Sunday, September 5, 2021

32F, Loose skin after minimal weight loss?

Hi everyone,

I know that this an old question that gets asked repeatedly here, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any insight into my case, since it's a bit of a weird one.

I'm 5'4", 32F. I used to weigh between 110 and 130 in my 20s, and was aroun 125 last year, before COVID started. Somewhere between April and October, I shot up to 170, which is more than I've ever weighed. For the first time in my life, I got fat rolls, and thanks to the rapid weight gain, I got stretch marks, mainly on my upper arms and legs and across my hips.

I started a (very undisciplined and irregular) weight loss journey that fall, and by the end of the year, weighed 165. I gained a bit more weight over the holidays, then lost it, then became discouraged with the lack of consistent weight loss, which meant I stopped going to the gym. I had never gone often to begin with, but I think that was helping me, because after that, despite all the dieting and CICO in the world, I didn't lose much weight, just maintained.

Well, about a month ago, I decided to go back to the gym. I've since lost about 2-3 lbs (I'm now about 152-154, depending on the day), but I look different than a month ago. I work out 4-5 times a week, with a 15 minute warm up walk to the gym, 20-30 minutes of cardio, 30-40 minutes of weights and strength training, and then a 15 minute walk back (to cool down). I also have a protein shake before I go.

I love that my body appears to be losing fat (I care less about the number on the scale), but I'm worried because the loss is a) lumpy in parts of my body, and b) seeming to sag more around areas where I had stretch marks. I'm drinking more water, exfoliating those areas, using AmLactin to hydrate them, and trying to build muscle. I also have tried to make sure I don't lose too much weight too fast. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I feel like for a 2-3 lb weight loss there shouldn't be this much loose skin. I also worry that given my age (32), it won't bounce back.

TL;DR: 32F, 5'4". Went from 170 to 165 in 9 months. 165 to 155 in 8 months. 155 to 153 (average) in 1.5 months. Now I have loose skin despite eating healthier, drinking more water, exfoliating, moisturizing, and going to the gym. Why the loose skin, despite the small weight loss? And can I do anything to fix it?

submitted by /u/mushroomtreefrog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ViF12f

No comments:

Post a Comment