Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Food Tracker Recommendation

I have an unorthodox request. I need a food tracker app that won’t show me calories - at least not right away.

First, I have used MFP, Lose It, LifeSum, and WW before and I always end up basically abusing myself over trying to eat “correctly”. It quickly becomes unsustainable. I want to eat healthy and lose weight, but with small sustainable choices - like less processed foods, more vegetables, etc.

Second, I’m running a personal experiment. In August, I drank at least 100 oz of water a day. Worked great - I went from gaining 3 lbs per month to losing 2 lbs per month. And the linear regression showed a correlation between losing weight and my water intake was p < .06 and it explained about 40% of the variation in my weight loss. It was a much more significant factor than calories out recorded on my Apple watch or daily steps. Now I want to take it to the next level. I want to just track my calories for a month to run a similar analysis on calories and water. Seeing my calories as they are added will change my behavior and break the experiment. At the end, I will need to be able to “peak” and see my daily calories across the past month.

Honestly, I’m a little skeptical that calorie counting works for me. Everybody’s digestive system is a little different and mine seems to really be more sensitive to different sources of calories. The first evidence I can get would be to see the correlation between my daily weight loss and daily calorie counts across a month. Calories out already didn’t seem to matter much, so now I want to test calories in. If I’m wrong, than I’ve found something that effectively matters to my personal weight loss. If I’m right, I can stop feeling stupid for trying to lose weight by any means besides calorie counting, haha. (I know I’m probably wrong, but either way I win.

Again, I don’t want to change my behavior too quickly, so I need a way to track stuff without seeing my current calorie total. Got any tracking suggestions?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/TheNewNewton235
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gPrfvC

No comments:

Post a Comment