Wednesday, September 1, 2021

My realisations about weight loss

SW: 292lbs CW: 266lbs GW: 220lbs; 39y.o. (M)
I don’t really know why I’m posting this - I don’t have anything specific to say. I’ve been trying to lose weight for years and have never really stuck to anything. Just now, I have been on my longest successful spell and have made some realisations.

  1. Exercise sucks. But it helps to give me more energy. I can now cycle on my exercise bike for 30 minutes each day and walk for more than an hour. HOWEVER, I have also realised that this doesn’t mean I should eat the calories burned.
  2. Beer is a killer. I wouldn’t have said I drink a lot, maybe a little more than average - but the number of calories I was consuming was huge. I have had two days where I have drank in nearly a month and it really has helped my progress.
  3. I cannot have a cheat day. Maybe you can. Maybe everyone else can, but my cheat day would include a few beers, large amounts of chocolate and cakes, pizza and everything I want. This totally undoes any progress I have made in the week/month beforehand. It is super easy for me to eat more than 10,000 calories on a cheat day. Then - because I feel shit - the next day also becomes a cheat day.
  4. Cut down on animal products. Not because I want to be vegetarian or save the world, but because in my mind they are associated with calorific food. I love to cook and can think of nothing better than chicken fried in breadcrumbs with a cheese filling served with fried potatoes and some mayonnaise. Without meat products, I am more likely to have a stuffed pepper with beans and some salad. Saving about 2000 calories.
  5. No chocolate. No Bread. No pasta (and no beer). I have no portion control ability with these things. If I start I will eat them until I fall asleep.
  6. Portion control. I now weigh everything. A real portion of carbs is nothing like a fat person’s portion.
  7. Remember that when you are having a hard day and feeling demotivated you are still making progress. I had a day like that yesterday and got the message in the picture. It is from a client that I haven’t seen for a while. It didn’t make me feel suddenly amazing, but it probably stopped me from eating a chocolate bar. (English isn’t her first language - so don’t point out her mistakes)
submitted by /u/rmc1211
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38xhQnM

No comments:

Post a Comment