Sunday, September 12, 2021

I am officially out of the obese category and I'm now considered overweight.

Obviously overweight is not "good", but I have been obese for most of my life and it's nice to see my BMI under 30. I never really paid much attention to the BMI, but I guess it just feels good to know that I am not obese anymore (knock on wood)

The unfortunate thing, is that the more I lose, the fatter I feel. Evidence like my size L t shirt fitting like an XL, and my bath towel actually wrapping around my body instead of being left open a few inches says otherwise. I have changed my goal weight twice now and I know that once I hit the 145 benchmark, I'll want to go to 130. Currently I am 158lbs. I was 180. 195 was my absolute highest but that was two or so years ago.

I'm hoping that these body image issues I'm currently having pass, and don't cause me to end up with an eating disorder or just a bad relationship with food in general.

I do feel confident sometimes. Like when I wear my work uniform. I got new pants and I feel like I look a lot less sloppy.

Anyway, I'm now overweight instead of obese, and that's nice. But to me, it's not enough even though I know weight loss is not linear and it takes longer than 2 weeks (hyperbole). I'm 20 and I hope these feelings pass because I know the road I could be heading down.

Thanks, all.

submitted by /u/ilovealpacino
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XeCkz3

No comments:

Post a Comment