Wednesday, September 8, 2021

I have to return jeans I bought online because I vastly underestimated my progress so far!!

I bought some new jeans online (I know) for the first time since hitting the -35 lb mark. I don’t know how to dress without looking like a damn mess or when to buy new clothes along this weight loss journey, but I really needed some casual jeans because NOTHING fits me right now, so I bought a few pairs from ‘ole faithful - Old Navy online. Nothing too expensive or flashy since I’m still hoping to lose another 20 lbs or so, just something to get by.

I was a women’s size 18 US this time last year, and was used to sizing up to account for my weird, heavy body and awkward, wide-ass hips. I take my measurements monthly now for tracking progress. It’s been a great tool for motivation to see them numbers change to reflect my hard work, and to size out new clothes online and think about the outfit possibilities in my very near future!

Anyway, I bought a size 14 and size 12 in their high rise straight ankle jeans, which I had purchased before my weight loss in 18’s. My current measurements fell in a weird middle ground between the two for suggested sizing on Old Navy’s website - so I figured I’d try them both, and more likely than not would be returning the 12s.

Guys. Team. Huddle up. Check this shit out. The jeans came today… The 12’s are TOO BIG. The 14’s are HUGE. Sure, online shopping/shopping in general comes with these fluctuations in sizing from store to store, but even if that’s the case and I am a 12, I am down at LEAST 3 pant sizes - maybe even 4. Holy shit on rye, man!!!

Going to Old Navy tomorrow to exchange these baddies (will def try them on this time) but lordy lemme tell you guys, I have never been SO excited to make an exchange. 😭

Anyway, I feel like I don’t have anybody to tell about this except my Mom who has been my biggest cheerleader on this journey. So thanks to you cool folks for this kickass community and providing somewhere to share small wins like this ❤️

Thanks for reading my novella!

Anybody else have any similar experiences recently? Or “small” milestones they wanna share?

submitted by /u/ylimegooey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3E05dQt

No comments:

Post a Comment