Friday, September 17, 2021

I need to make a change, but I have no discipline - and it’s not like me.

Hello everyone - I am 20F 5’2” sitting at about 200lbs. I am new to Reddit.

Other than my weight, I am happy with my life and am a motivated, hard working person. When it comes to school and work, I am getting straight As in grad school and getting promotions consistently. I have lots of strong and supportive relationships. I am doing alright financially and feel in control of my own situation. Then today - the photos came back from a random shoot I was asked to be in for my college’s monthly newsletter. I know that I am a big girl, of course - but it really sunk in that I do not look the way I picture myself in my head. I look unhealthy.

I have known that I am overweight for several years, and I want to live a long and fulfilling life; but for some reason I don’t have the discipline to keep myself physically healthy. I’ll work on homework for hours each night, I’ll work two jobs to stay afloat, I’ll go out of my way to support loved ones, but I can’t get myself to prioritize weight loss. I always end up falling back on excuses like “I need to enjoy my youth and relax where I can!”. My absolute classic is “I deserve an ice cream treat at the end of a long day!” - everyday is a long day, of course.

Posting here is way out of my comfort zone, but I wanted to see if others are dealing with this - is it normal to not “feel fat” even when I know I clearly need to make a change? How did you guys get yourself to reframe and accept that weight loss needs to become a priority just like school work or errands?

TL/DR - I know when I need to suck it up and just get something done, and usually I do. But with weight loss, I don’t have any discipline. Advice?

submitted by /u/random18390
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XFlVUZ

No comments:

Post a Comment