Friday, September 17, 2021

Sigh…here we go again

I’ve been overweight my entire life. I literally have no memories of ever being at a healthy weight. I first did weight watchers when I was 15 (with doctor approval). My weight has always fluctuated a LOT and even during times of weight loss, I’ve never gotten out of the “overweight” BMI category. I’m sure my genetics are partly to blame, considering I had a fairly healthy childhood and grew up with a mom who was (and still is) in the fitness industry. But I also know that although I may be predisposed to weight issues, I am capable of being at a healthy weight if I make the right choices.

I’ve had huge success in losing weight in the past. At my heaviest in 2014 I was 255 lbs. Once I started exercising and tracking my food, I lost 75 lbs within a year. I felt amazing and I found a passion for the gym. Even though I was still overweight, I was strong. I was routinely running 6 miles. I was in the gym 5+ days a week and feeling amazing.

After meeting my husband, I slowly gained some back, going up to 220 lbs. I knew I had to do something, and I was able to get back down to 180 within a year. Again, my weight crept back up and I found myself around 205 lbs. Then last summer I got pregnant. During my pregnancy I gained 50 lbs and I’ve struggled to take the weight back off again. My baby is now 6 months old and yet I’m still 250. I’m breastfeeding and I thought I’d drop the weight quickly because of it. But instead I am just ravenously hungry all the time!

Anyway, I’m here again, ready to get back on the wagon. On one hand I know that I’m capable because I’ve done it before, on the other hand I’m so frustrated that I have to work really hard to get back into a weight loss state of mind. I’m starting from square one and even though my brain knows how to eat healthy and which exercises are effective, I’m just so out of shape and my confidence is shot. I’m embarrassed to go back to the gym and run into people who remember me smaller.

Anyway, here’s to Day 1, my new beginning!

submitted by /u/heyday328
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CmlJJ5

No comments:

Post a Comment