Friday, September 17, 2021

i’ve lost nearly 20 pounds and i have nothing to show for it. Do I have body image issues?

I, F18 have been working on slow but permanent changes over the past year and a half. Since covid first began and high school closed I was at my absolute heaviest. I started eating less and made more conscious decisions. At the one year mark, i had gone from 182 to 170 pounds. As a 5’5 girl, i was dangerously close to being medically obese (according to the bmi calculator) so this was a good start. Since then, i am down 8 more pounds which puts me at around 162 (still fluctuating). I don’t work out much, I did at-home workouts briefly but didn’t keep up with it. The most I do is light cardio (30 min brisk walk 3-4 times a week)

Unfortunately the only people who can truly see my weight loss are my parents because they live with me. And if you look hard enough, you can see my face has slimmed down from older pictures. I definitely feel better but to me, my stomach, arms and legs all look the same as they did in early 2020. Because of this, I don’t feel proud of my achievements because my friends and cousins can’t tell a difference. Maybe they do, but won’t mention it? I’m not sure, but it definitely makes me feel embarrassed. I know I shouldn’t let my personal achievements be dictated by how others react to them. I worry, however, that I am suffering from issues of my own that keep me from truly seeing how far i’ve come. My journey isn’t done and I want to get down to at least 150 which is in the “healthy” weight range.

submitted by /u/peachyskies111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3CsELO7

No comments:

Post a Comment