Sunday, September 5, 2021

I weigh 370 pounds at 5’9 and need to take back control of my life... I would appreciate any input or guidance to the right direction.

As the title says, my current weight as of 9/5/21 is 370lbs at the height 5 feet and 9 inches. I have been going to the gym since February of this year on a schedule of 4 days every week, initially I had weighed about 390lbs at the beginning but my weight has been stagnant at 370lbs as of last month. I had begun my journey with strength training done with the 4 “main” barbell movements (squat, bench, deadlift, OHP) on a program called Starting Strength.

Currently I maintain the same 4 day training schedule whilst using the program called 5/3/1, created by Jim Wendler. As a result of 7 months of lifting I have attained a decent amount of strength (my 1rm are 340lbs for squat, 320 bench press, 365lbs deadlift, and 190lbs for OHP). Despite that however it doesn’t change the fact that I’m morbidly obese and thus I am at a loss of direction and how to proceed..

Foolishly, I haven’t been tracking my diet into a logger like MyFitnesspal but instead have just tried to eat relatively clean (3-4 eggs and a handful of spinach cooked with a tablespoon of butter, Yoplait yogurt cup with almonds, protein like chicken breasts or thighs with jasmine rice and 3 cups of steamed veggies etc.) I’m sure it’s contributed to my strength gains but little in the way of weight loss.

I recently used an electrical impedance scanner to try and get an idea of what my body fat percentage is and the results were 41.3% (not sure if accurate but I was completely fasted/dry.)

My “cardio” if you can even call it that consists of 1-2 hours of walking in or around my neighborhood, with an average mileage of 2-4 miles. I’ve tried to run pathetically on the treadmill in the gym after my lifting sessions and couldn’t even maintain a minute of jogging at 4.00 MPH.

For those who have been in my position at one point I plead for any and all insight, the same goes for those who are educated on the subject matter of losing body fat or who are currently on the path of doing so. I don’t want to undo the past months of lifting by recklessly dieting heavily and torturing myself with hour long treadmill sessions, but again the way to weight loss appears very linear from my perspective as of lately.

Thank you all and even more so if you’ve read this far :)

submitted by /u/this_is_the_w4y
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WWm3ip

No comments:

Post a Comment