Sunday, September 5, 2021

105lbs lost in 14 months

Just felt inspired tonight to share my story with everyone on their journey in the hopes of encouraging one and all.

I got serious about losing weight last July. I have yo-yo’d up and down at different times in my life. 225 down to 163. 289 down to 225. Through some difficult personal struggles and a medical surgery, my weight increased to 352. Tired of the struggle, I got focused July of 2020.

I began my first month by cutting out any calories from liquids. And I added very short walks. At that weight, I could maybe walk fifteen minutes before getting sore or ankles bothering me. It was challenging.

I made up my mind THIS TIME I was going to do all the things I never did consistently in past attempts. SO, I accepted what effort I could do safely and stopped beating myself up over this and that. That helped me to minimize “down” days.

In August of last year, my walks slowly became a little longer and more frequent. On July 1, I was 352. By August 10 I was 332. By September 17 I was 315lbs.

I set a goal for myself to lose 10% of my body weight for better insulin response. Having achieved that, I then set a goal to lose the next 10% to take me down to 285. Estimating my time left while the weather was still fall, I shot for a goal of that weight by January 1 which was lofty but I had good momentum. I hit 299.1 on October 11. One month later I was 293. On December 13, I hit 285. And then 279 on Jan 1.

Winter was upon me. On good days I would walk. I did stove/counter top push-ups and light squats. At this time, I adopted the NFL lineman retirement diet. I figured with more limited exercise options, I needed a simple to follow consistent diet.

I got down to 265 around April 1 and hit my first difficult stall. I wasn’t sleeping enough. Overworked at my job, overtime, cheat days. Refocused myself this summer, cut back on the overtime and increased my walking. Now I’m down to 248. My current goal is to be sub 225 heading into the holidays and my shoot for the moon goal is sub 215. weight loss pics Would be happy to talk with anyone about weight loss and their journey if I can help in anyway.

submitted by /u/ClownPuncherrr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3teNhgc

No comments:

Post a Comment