Friday, September 10, 2021

I went over my TDEE

And it's okay.

After finishing the last plate of food of the day, I felt everything. I felt like I was going to fail. I felt like I wouldn't last. I felt like I was better off getting weight loss surgery. But I'd be a hypocrite if I believed that, as I know that I am doing this for myself and no one can do it for me. I also know that the "secret" to it is consistency, not perfection. I also remembered how I've done this before yet still lost weight.

Tomorrow?

I'm not restricting myself more just because of today. That backfires, always. I know my mistake was not having delicious vegetables at hand, that are filling and low calorie, and eating instantaneous things because I wasn't cooking (I love cooking and it gives me a sense of absolute control over my food which helps me a ton). Tomorrow I'm not "starting over" because I never stopped! I'm simply continuing.

Going over your TDEE sometimes isn't a sign you're failing, it's not a sign you will never be at a healthy weigh, and it doesn't mean you should get desperate. Your body simply felt the need to eat more. That's fine. The only thing you should do, is be mindful and conscious about it, giving yourself all the tools to stop it from happening again.

I do suggest, if you feel like you will give in to the urges for the day, DON'T STOP TRACKING (if you track). Tracking even though I kept eating helped me say it's enough, I don't need more food for today. As always, I hope this helps someone out there.

submitted by /u/nastillion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hjaGs5

No comments:

Post a Comment