Monday, September 6, 2021

If there is anything weight loss has taught me, it’s that I don’t know my actual body.

This is a slight babbling of my thoughts. For context, I am a 5’2 F who has lost a little under 30 lbs and I have been obese my entire life, I have only just now noticed my weight loss and every time I do I am in awe at my own body.

It’s normally small things, like my toes looking less like little sausages and more like bony digits or my neck having feint lines/ a collarbone and a prominent jawline. My wrist has a tendon apparently and my arm actually has a noticeable elbow, normal body parts everyone has but I have never seen on myself till now.

My body is starting to feel foreign to me, sometimes I don’t see a change and other times I am hit by the difference all at once. Of course I am happy with the weight loss, and I’ll never go back, but I also wonder if I’ll still feel like me afterwards. Being obese is all I’ve seen myself as, I cannot physically imagine myself skinny and I have no idea what it feels like.

I suppose its a hesitance for the unknown and a grief that I truly have never known myself under all the fat. It makes me sad that I have had to deal with this for so long as a child and that being fat was my “normal”. I wish I had changed sooner and gotten to know myself better.

submitted by /u/unlikelycompliance
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DPhEP6

No comments:

Post a Comment