Sunday, September 12, 2021

Is it possible to maintain muscle mass while rapidly losing fat simultaneously?

I’m:

  • skinny-fat
  • 155 pounds
  • 5’7
  • ~25% body fat

Lost 40 pound of fat over a year period, but unfortunately seem to have lost a lot of muscle in the process.

Recently started this plan: eating about 1600 kcal with a TDEE of about 2500, so a daily deficit of 900, with a theoretical 1.8 pounds weight loss weekly. 165g of protein daily to help with muscle maintenance. Strength training 40mins/day.

I know many will see this as extreme but I’ve been at this deficit for some time now - alongside intermittent fasting - with no issues, now I’m incorporating the strength training and high protein diet.

Plan to keep this diet and training for 2 months with hopes of greatly lowering my BF% while keeping my muscle mass relatively maintained. Considering I followed this plan, is this a possibility? How much of a BF% decrease can I expect?

submitted by /u/warsamehaji
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3E9okaS

No comments:

Post a Comment