Thursday, September 2, 2021

Keto, CICO... lost at where to begin -or rather start again :(

Hi everyone, so here’s my story: I was a chubby kid who became a fat teenager and then an obese adult. I’ve used food to deal with my family drama [divorce, alcoholism, drugs, cancers] from a young age it was my crutch of choice until it became an addiction (by this I mean it became a proper part of my life, making me cancel plans, taking over my financial planning, lying, hiding, stealing... just like the behaviours I’ve seen in my relatives with drug or alcohol addiction). At first I’ve been encouraged to diet by my family members, then it became my own attempts. I’ve tried so many diets and eventually 3 years ago I had weight loss surgery (gastric sleeve). I did lose weight, my highest was 108kgs for 1m50 and at my lowest post surgery I reached 70kgs in may 2019. Then I’ve put the weight back on, little by little... I think I’m past 85kgs at the moment (I’m scared to go back on the scales). I need and want to lose the weight again, I’ve done it before and I know I can do it again. I just don’t know which is the best way to do it anymore, some days I want to count calories, some days I want to go low carb, or go keto, or just focus on protein intake, or just eat whole healthy foods... there’s just so many ways to do it I end up doing none of them. I’m starting today a 2 weeks holidays which I am going to spend at my boyfriend’s. He’s a very unhealthy eater, mostly deep fries everything and has an empty fridge so no planning ahead is his way to go. He is very supportive though so whatever I chose to do he will understand and let me do it, but it’s hard when food is one way to express affection towards each other; we do love sharing good foods and most of the time these do not equal healthy.

So if anyone has any advice for me I will gladly listen to you, or just some words of encouragement will help... I know I need to get my head together but it is so hard. I feel guilty for having been given the wls tool and having “failed”, I feel guilty for being weak and making wrong choices day after day, I feel guilty every day and yet I can’t get back on tracks. I hope that these 2 weeks can help me start afresh and find a healthier routine.

submitted by /u/TheNaasti
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gYozvC

No comments:

Post a Comment