Saturday, September 11, 2021

Losing weight has made me more insecure than ever

I’d like to preface this by saying I’m still immensely overweight and I have a long way to go to reach my goal weight. I’ve lost 60 pounds over about 3.5 months. I used to have a “who cares” attitude about the things people would say to me when I was bigger. I was very flawed in different aspects then too, but I saw it as something that added to who I was as a person.

I started my weight loss journey to become healthier back in May. But I’ve noticed recently that I’m more insecure now than I’d ever been. I get very affected by what people would say about my body. Even if it’s not to do with my weight loss. I’ve started to scrutinize myself so much that I don’t feel any happiness about my 60 pound weight loss (something I used to DREAM about). When someone compliments me, I think it’s a lie and when they pick me apart, it’s on my mind for days on end.

Incident 1: I had a co-worker compliment my weight loss recently and I laughed it off and said I didn’t feel that my progress was that impressive. And he told me that I should just accepted the compliment.

Incident 2: I have been suffering a really bad acne flare-up since the start of the year but recently, it started healing enough that I decided to meet my friends for dinner. I FaceTimed another friend I hadn’t seen in a while and she commented about how my skin looks bad and that I should “stop putting all that makeup on your face”. I had a straight face on when I talked to her but right after the call, I cancelled on my friends.

I don’t know if it’s a normal thing and was wondering if anyone went through it. Any suggestions and tips on how to maneuver my way through this would be greatly appreciated:)

submitted by /u/rolling-loser
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YHrgeF

No comments:

Post a Comment