Saturday, September 11, 2021

What was the moment that made you truly commit to weight loss?

I want to hear your stories here. Right now, officially yesterday, was when I realized I was fully committing to weight loss. I’m a woman, 30, 5’10 and 350 lbs. I have never gone a full week without binge eating. I have struggled with food addiction, learned from my family.

The moment it all clicked. Both my parents and sister have diabetes. I got some blood work done. I don’t have it. But my functional medicine doctor tells me, with my blood chemistry, simple carbs are “rat poison”.

My boyfriend is convinced that means I should cut it out entirely. Here I am with the excuses. “Just a little won’t hurt”. There’s no such thing as a good amount of rat poison.

So I’m doing good one day and then I get this craving for an enchilada. I eat it and tell my boyfriend. The disappointment. That’s what made it click for me.

I can’t keep saying “one won’t hurt” because it’s never just one. I can’t say “I don’t do it all the time” because that’s giving myself an out I’m sure to take later.

Consistency is key. It’s the thing that clicked that never clicked before.

For breakfast I had 2 eggs with feta and a quarter of a raw purple cabbage. For lunch I had chicken and raw purple cabbage. For dinner I had a turkey burger patty, broccoli and sweet potato. For a snack I had pumpkin seeds, dates and nuts.

I’ve never felt more confident in my future than I do now. I create my motivation.

submitted by /u/MangoDaisies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BZKvyw

No comments:

Post a Comment