Thursday, September 2, 2021

Maybe this time will be different

I joined this sub a year ago and it helped me so much. But then, no excuses, I stopped being so religious about tracking. Every once and a while, I'd try to start up again, only to create another excuse. The good thing is that throughout this time, I continued to train for a 5k. I weighed myself this morning, I am within 2 lbs of the last time I was tracking. I may not have been losing weight, but I am definitely gaining muscles and fit better into my clothes. I was feeling guilty because I received compliments on my weight loss even though I felt like I wasn't doing anything. I've decided to get back into it again, with some changes:

  1. I was feeling depressed for a few months and found it hard to do something as simple as brush my teeth. Last month I decided to get an app to help me reform the brushing teeth habit. It worked, so I've decided to do the same thing for logging food. I've added it to my goals and will track every single day even if I go over.

  2. My 5k is coming up. I know weight loss is 80% diet, but running is very important for me to keep on track. I am signing up for a second 5k so that I do not stop immediately after my race like I've been known to do.

  3. Reach out when I need help. I tend to keep my struggles to myself. My friends have helped me realize that I can share my problems, even if it's just to have someone listen.

  4. One bad day doesn't need to spiral. In my running, I don't quit when I have a slow day. But I was quitting when I had a bad food day. My weight loss is a goal just like my race goals. I'm still looking for a way to track this if anyone has a recommendation. Having something to remind me that there is an end goal would definitely help.

This isn't starting over. It's a continuation with a long pause. I am down 20lbs from where I was at my heaviest. I'm older, wiser, and hopefully learned enough from my previous mistakes.

submitted by /u/Lose70By30
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gXoZm5

No comments:

Post a Comment