Sunday, September 12, 2021

My dance teacher asked me why I was gaining weight and asked me if I have a thyroid problem

I went to dance class on Saturday and I've always struggled with my self image when it comes to dance. I do a classical art form and I'm overweight. The importance with this dance is that expressions and body movement are key. I feel that my pudginess restricts both. At the end of class, she asked me why I was gaining weight and to go to the doctor and see if I have a thyroid problem. I just said ok I will and left. I know I don't have a thyroid problem, I'm a very healthy individual who just overeats. The sad thing is I've been on a diet and lost a few pounds. So when she asked me that, it made me feel so down. I want to do my solo dance recital next year and she said that having too much weight will make that tough. I'm glad she's concerned but I'm having such a tough time losing weight. I'm a 17 year old female in high school and weigh 190 pounds. I started at 195. Any advice on the weight loss, and how I should take my teacher's comments? Losing weight will make me a better dancer and I can probably be prettier and more confident. Will losing weight make my dance better with expression and everything? What she said kind of made me feel like I would never me a good dancer if I didn't at least lose some weight.

submitted by /u/CandyLand3601
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hlRytx

No comments:

Post a Comment