Friday, September 17, 2021

Need help with weight loss after stopping sertraline 50mg

Hello, as the title says, I need help with my weight loss. In the past 12 months, I have gained 17 lbs which I 100% attribute to the Zoloft I was prescribed 12 months ago. Prior to taking Zoloft, I was very fit, weighed about 148-150lbs, a lot of muscle, I was toned and active. I would eat a shit ton of food, pretty much ate whatever I wanted! Fast food, restaurants, and drank a lot of alcohol too.

During 2020 my mental health spiraled out of control and needed to go on medication to pull myself out of a funk. I was gaining weight rapidly without any change in my dieting or exercise. In fact, I starting eating a lot healthier and a lot less as I noticed I was gaining weight. Despite eating less/healthier and cutting out alcohol, my weight gain continued to balloon.

I got the okay from my doctor to stop taking the medication. I was tapered off and have been off the medication for a few weeks now.

I have been working out more and trying to eat better but the scale will not budge. I don’t look any thinner either.

Any tips for losing weight post-anti depressant? I went on some antidepressant forums and am feeling super discouraged as many have said their weight gain is permanent despite stopping the meds years ago.

submitted by /u/winelovinglibra2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nIR8S6

No comments:

Post a Comment