Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Newbie starting out

Hi all! I’m sorry, I’m sure many people ask these questions but I’ve been combing the threads and haven’t really found the answer to my questions. Please no hate, it’s been a long time since I’ve done calorie counting and I’m determined to succeed this time, so be gentle please.

I was just wondering whether it’s possible to eat too little calories? I’ve read all the starting guides and I know it says this is a myth, but my weight loss seems very stalled compared to when I’ve done this before, and I’m worried I could be doing something wrong.

I’m 154cm and 88kg, with a BMR of 1,527 and a TDEE of 1,832. I eat approx 1050 calories a day (I was aiming for 1200 but I’ve been full so embracing that) and I’ve been increasing my steps. I know it’s not overly accurate, but Fitbit says I burn approx 2500 a day (steps 10,000-15,000 daily) so even if it’s inaccurate, I feel I have a good calorie deficit. However my weight doesn’t seem to move much. I’m still starting out but I probably average maybe 500-700g loss a week. Does that seem right? Even then, I seem to be slowing this week when compared to my first week, so could be less.

Before anyone asks, I weigh all my food meticulously. If I make a recipe, I weigh out all the ingredients, oil and all. I’m confident in the calories I’m eating, just weight loss is slower than when I’ve done this in the past. Although I am older now (31yo). Does this seem right? Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry again for the stupid questions, it’s just the first time I’ve really been motivated in years and I’m worried I’ll give up so I want to make sure I’m on the right track. Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/pinkserenade
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zbQRcq

No comments:

Post a Comment