Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saw a pic of myself, and UGH

39 F, 5’3”, SW: 218, CW: 183, GW: 125

Ok so I ran a 5 mile race today. Not ran really, but jogged with many walking breaks. I also recently hit 35 lbs (in terms of weight loss), so I was feeling kid of good about myself….

But THEN I saw some pictures of me at the finish line, and UGH I look like shit. Double chin, so flabby, just gross. I know I’m on the right track but I seriously started crying.

I have NOT spent my entire life overweight. On the contrary - I used to be a pretty darn good athlete (high school and a bit in college), was always an exerciser and jogger, but since having kids I just totally let myself go. It’s been EXTRA bad in terms of weight gain the last few years (work stress, COVID, personal stuff).

I don’t know what happened to me, or really why I let myself get so bad, but I’m just really disgusted with myself. And honestly I’m afraid that I won’t lose anymore. I’m now sort of hovering at 183-185 and I want to be much lower.

Any tips for keeping motivated when you’re mad at yourself for letting yourself get so bad? I’m resentful of the old me and am afraid I’ll never really escape her. Thanks.

submitted by /u/anxiousDCmom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3nLB7KR

No comments:

Post a Comment