Thursday, September 9, 2021

Skinny privilege

Anyone else not so much flattered by the new and more frequent kind gestures, but rather a little disheartened?

My stats are 280-138 lbs, lowest was 130 lbs but have been maintaining for a year. I am female and 5’2” from the US.

Before the weight loss I dated and I had people attracted to me, don’t get me wrong, but here’s some examples of just how drastically that has changed since:

-had never been cat called. Didn’t really get the big deal about it, honestly, because it rarely if ever happened to me. Lost the weight and have not only been catcalled, but hit on profusely by waiters as well. (who also boozed the heck out of my drinks I ordered because of it, not cool)

-people notice me, not just men. People are so kind to me now. They look me in the eyes and truly listen.

-people compliment me more often, especially men. I’d get compliments before but mostly from friends and family or other women.

-people buy me things. Never once had my order paid for before, has happened about 3 times now. Drinks at the bar ordered, etc.

-And most recently, which brings me to this vent, is this one very kind gesture: was shopping at a dispensary and it was POURING outside, finished up shopping and was just gonna GO for it full speed. The front door guy had an umbrella and INSISTED he walked me to my car so I wouldn’t get wet and mess up my make up and hair. Thoroughly appreciated the gesture, but I hate to think it likely wouldn’t have happened at 280 lbs.

To some degree, this is flattering. I love that people compliment and notice my hard work. Everyone loves a free meal or drink here or there. We all also love a good compliment or out of the ordinary kind gesture, but none of these happened to the girl in the bigger body. I think it hurts because that girl is still the same person. Still brilliant and full of potential and wit.. and yet none of it was recognized until now. Anyone else experience this?

submitted by /u/roolyons32711
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zXr4Wv

No comments:

Post a Comment