Friday, September 3, 2021

Small Victories & Vacation Tips

Obligatory long time reader, first time poster. I’m hoping to solidify my determination for weight loss this time around by joining this community, I’ve already gotten a lot of good advice from reading through posts. I am happy to report that even after a two week vacation for my wedding and honeymoon I still managed to lose 2 pounds and now I’ve lost half of my “COVID-19”! I was overweight before covid but now I’m closer to where I was before.

I wanted to share some of the habits I think helped us on our road trip honeymoon (DH(!) is also losing weight) to keep things on the right track, and hopefully you all have some other helpful tips!

1) Zero calorie drinks only during the day - I don’t know why we didn’t do this before on our various road trips, but we only drank water, diet coke or gatorade zero the whole trip unless we had drinks in the evening.

2) Splitting a plate at meals out - the theme of our roadtrip was booze & bbq, so we visited distilleries, breweries and top rated bbq joints in the US south. At the bbq places we would split a combination plate to try out their various foods, and it was always plenty of food! No need to worry about leftovers on the road either.

3) Finding ways to stay active - the distillery tours were a great way to walk around a pretty campus for an hour, and we also took chances to walk on city river-walks or beach boardwalks. Got a little bit of activity in and saw neat sights!

Please share what vacation/road trip tips you have!

submitted by /u/emeisenbacher
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3h1VEa5

No comments:

Post a Comment