Monday, November 25, 2019

Best way to drop 40lbs?

Hi, 22F here.

I'm 5'7", and last I weighed myself I was 174lbs. It's been a few weeks and I'm scared to check because I broke down crying the last time.

Here's my backstory:

I've been fit and athletic my whole life-- always strong, active, and very thin. In fact, my thin-ness pretty much became my identity. It's all anybody ever talked about... How thin I was, how fit I was, how toned I was... My body in general.

Since hitting my full height, I've been 130lbs and as happy as I could be with my insecurities. I've always been petrified of gaining weight, being anything other than skinny, and being weak/"squishy."

Welp. Since getting on nexplanon birth control, I gained 40lbs no matter how much exercise I did or what/how much I ate. This led to me being incredibly demotivated. I was snowboarding 6 days a week for 6 hours (it's my job), eating healthy meals, careful not to over eat, etc... And I gained weight.

Now that I've gotten the nexplanon removed and snowboarding season has started, I really want to kick off my weight loss journey. Being active is easy for me right now, so I feel like if I can drop a good amount of weight in the following 4 months, it will motivate me to keep going.

I've heard a little about intermittent fasting and my mom is trying to get me to do keto, but finances are tight, so there's that, and I don't have much time to meal prep and such so I need to keep thing simple.

Any suggestions?

What's the most effective weight loss method you have come across?

Right now, my activity level is pretty moderate. I'm snowboarding every weekend bc I'm not working the mountain this season. I want to get in the habit of running every day, or at least every other day.

submitted by /u/_merry_litmas_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XRdHoE

No comments:

Post a Comment