Monday, November 25, 2019

I weighed in under 200 lbs today for the first time in years, I actually still can’t believe it. FINALLY IN ONEDERLAND!

Hey everybody I’m Mark, I’ve posted a few times here and today felt like an amazing day to post again. I’m 16 years old and weighed in at 199.7 this morning, this feeling is really surreal. It’s been a few years to say the least since I saw a number that starts with 1. I’ve struggled with my weight since I was probably 9-10 years old, it’s a brutal feeling. The emptiness, helplessness and struggle that comes from being overweight is really damaging to a kid, that damage hurt me even more because I’ve never talked about it. That’s one of the reasons I’m so grateful to have this community to come to. I have an amazing family that I love deeply, but talking about my weight and struggle was always something that felt uncomfortable to talk about with them. I think a part of that was because I was really the only overweight kid, I felt like it wouldn’t connect with them. I know how wild this is going to sound, but I’ve been on this journey for 9 months now and I haven’t told any of them. I’ve lost 45+ pounds and have cut out countless foods without a single cheat day. The confidence to talk about it is coming however, I genuinely feel it. That’s one of the most amazing parts of this, for the first time in my life I can feel some confidence. Walking around the mall today with my family, turning down the foods everybody was eating once again, while knowing that I was actually under 200 was truly a special feeling. Just knowing the how far I’ve come is still stunning to me, I can buy clothes now and have no fear they won’t fit, that’s something I dreaded before committing to this weight loss journey. This community has been a place for me to talk about these bottled up emotions and accomplishments and I truly am so grateful for it. Enjoy the Holiday season everybody! I’ll have another update soon enough.

Thank you once again, Mark.

submitted by /u/Mark_NYC_NC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KSdNa6

No comments:

Post a Comment