Thursday, November 28, 2019

Demotivated by any weight loss?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my post! TL;DR: if I lose the slightest amount of weight, I lose all motivation. How to override?

I'm a college student, and I've been struggling struggling to lose weight on and off since I was 13. Right now, I have a 61 day streak on Loseit, and that's the only thing I've got going for me, as my daily average is around 2000 cals(coming down after a binge week where I was eating 3000 calories most days). I do intermittent fasting (noon to undefined night time, usually before 10pm)

I know I have problems with yo-yo ing in terms of diet. My goal (soft) is about 1400 cal per day, and my weight goal is 155 (threshold for normal weight). I don't log extremely accurately, as I'm afraid it'll make me want to quit altogether (e.g, not logging frozen mango I eat at night to keep from going to the vending machines nearby). I weigh myself approximately once a week, and have experimented with weighing twice a day or once a day as well.

Anyways, occasionally, I actually lose weight on these weight loss adventures of mine. The problem is, any time I get under about 162 lbs, I just lose all my motivation to continue, and end up eating more. This isn't great, as my set weight (weight I keep returning to, recently down from 172 since the summer) is 164. If I could make it to 155, I would cry. My question is, how do I stop being so demotivated by weight loss?

Not sure if I actually gave any helpful information in that, but thanks again for reading!

submitted by /u/Piesarentsquare
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R1C8hQ

No comments:

Post a Comment