Wednesday, November 27, 2019

My 4th attempt at a healthy lifestyle

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I've (F/18) struggled with weight my whole life, I've always been chubby and I've always been on a variety of diets.

Exactly a year ago I lost around 10kg but got lazy and gained it all back and even more, so I am currently 90kg and I'm 165cm tall (sorry american folks!).

When I was around 9, my sister in law helped me with weightloss by teaching me about food, I got to my healthy weight but my family's mentality of not understanding nutrition led me to go back to my old bad habits.

A few years later I tried the UN diet and I remember losing a bit of weight but it didn't last.

Last year I decided to cut out sugar and most carbs out of my diet and I did it for 3 months and, as I said, lost 10kg. I was doing great but my diet became so bland and restrictive that I got bored and wanted to binge eat my favorite junk food (mmm pastries) and very quickly I gained all the weight back+ 5kg extra. I wasn't very consistent but I also didn't do it quite right.

Three weeks ago I started my journey again, for the 4th time, and I hope this time will be it. I'm already doing pretty great. I started going to the gym with my sister (who supports me), I eat a pretty balanced diet. I allow myself to eat some things that I crave but I'm very mindful about it. I haven't been binge eating.One time I saw some cookies on the table and I reeeally wanted them. I was torturing myself thinking about those cookies and in the end I ate just one and got satisfied.

I'm drinking a lot of water, eating lots of fruits. I don't put sugar in my coffee or tea, I cut out sodas (that on its own can help a lot with weight loss) and I don't eat anything after 8 in the evening. Just 3 weeks later, I already feel a lot better about myself. I am more confident and have more energy.

Sorry for the long post, I hope someone will read it and find it interesting!

submitted by /u/_minttea_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XOGkCT

No comments:

Post a Comment