Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Hitting a plateau and taking a diet break. MATADOR diet query

So since the start of October I've lost a definite 9 pounds which Im delighted with. Sticking to 1200 a day and going to the gym to run and starting my journey with weight lighting. The first week I lost 2 pounds, then every week after I lost approx a pound. But for the past 2 weeks can't get past my 9 pound plateau.

I was doing a lot of reading on the MATADOR diet and have decided this week to take a diet break where I eat at maintenance which is between 1600-1850 calories. I'm female and despite my period being quite regular I was due my period today and it hasn't come, and doesn't feel it's going to show up any time soon either (usual PMS symptoms aren't there) I feel this is a sign to calm it on the diet front and fuel my body a bit. I'm 5'4, 145 pounds, I didnt think 1200 was going to make that much of an impact on hormones but it seems it has.

Does anyone else use the MATADOR method? From the studies I've read they did 2 weeks calorie restriction and 2 week maintenance so I don't know if it will work properly for me as I have been calorie restricting for almost 2 months now and just plan on taking a week break. I'm hoping even one week worth of eating at maintenance won't undo any of my progress, and I'm hoping it will help my hormones and aid further weight loss!

submitted by /u/Splinkk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OoeMkK

No comments:

Post a Comment