Friday, November 29, 2019

Unsolicited advice

I have been trying to lose weight for a while on my own, but after almost a year was only down 15 lbs. I have a lot of weight to lose and this wasn't even noticable.

I started going to a doctor specializing in weight loss in October. She had encouraged me to tell friends and family for support. I was hesitant but finally caved yesterday.

Well it went as I expected. Despite losing almost 20 lbs since October, I was told that I didn't need to go to a doctor, that I shouldn't be taking Phentermine, that the food she had me eating was not necessary.

Today I'm trying to ignore their voices in my head and get back on track mentally.

I understand that people just get excited and want to share but well meaning comments like these have derailed me in past attempts to lose weight.

It has helped to type this out. And at least I can tell my doc I told you so next weigh in, lol.

submitted by /u/SJExit4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q2ZecB

No comments:

Post a Comment