Wednesday, November 27, 2019

My First Plateau Post

So, when I started my weight loss Journey, at 285 lb (probably higher, but it took a few days for my scale to arrive) on March 29, I set out with a few things in mind.

  1. I would not count calories until I had to.
  2. I would be content with where I was at long before my ultimate goal.
  3. I would stop and rest when I hit my first plateau even if it happened at 250 lb.

So, I proceeded with those thoughts, and made a lot of lifestyle changes along the way.

  • I started walking daily (4km) in June.
  • I gradually switched to a Mediterranean/Flexitarian diet in July
  • I started running in August.
  • I started indoor Rock Climbing in September.
  • I am planning to run a Triathlon next June.

At 210 lb, it seams that I may have hit my first plateau. I won't call it a plateau for at least two more weeks, but I am pretty sure its that. I look good, and feel good, and I am in the best shape I have been in since I was a kid. I have been really good with points 1 and 2, but I am debating about point 3 still. I am pretty sure if I start tracking and counting my calories, I can get it moving again, and possibly meet my December 31 goal of 205 lb. It would really be cool to weigh what I did in 1999. On the other hand, giving my brain a chance to catch up to my weight might also be a good thing, and to have some real practice at maintenance under my belt would make going all the way to 185 lb a little less daunting.

Anyway, just writing down my thoughts. Happy to be where I am.

submitted by /u/enggeek
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DlvlHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment