Thursday, November 28, 2019

Rice cake fiasco. Work colleagues suggesting that rice cakes are the worst thing for weight loss.

In the last year, I've had a very, very stressful year joining a new workplace. After the commute, workload, and everything life throws my way, I try to manage. My biggest issue is food cravings - I love food so much. I eat when I get stressed. I exercise daily and acknowledge that exercise is great for fitness and health, but only makes a small dent in weight loss (CI/CO).

I've tried so many things to alleviate my stress eating. I've taken up psyllium husk, Slimfast drinks, fruit, but I still end up binging on unhealthy food. It's a crutch that keeps me going during stressful times in my life.

I discovered rice cakes last month. They're fantastic and they are exactly what I've been looking for. Something that's crunchy, tastes great (flavoured and unflavoured) and low calorie (30 calories per rice cake). In this last month, I've been able to resist eating unhealthy foods and going towards rice cakes. I genuinely love them - taking them with a balanced diet, of course. I've actually lost weight (a first in a year!) and I feel full after eating them.

I normally eat about 3 - 5 rice cakes total spread throughout the day instead of going for unhealthy snacks, crisps, and chocolates.

My colleagues at work picked up on this and began lecturing me on the dangers of rice cakes. How I'll end up diabetic, how it's unhealthy for me, and how bad they are for you. I suggested that it was a better alternative for me than eating snacks. They responded that eating rice cakes is a worser alternative. I mean this in the nicest way and just for contextual information, but all of the staff at my workplace are obese. I am unsure if I should trust their opinions?

I'm completely unsure of myself now. I know this is silly but is it a bad idea to eat rice cakes in order to feel fuller and lose weight?

submitted by /u/thebains
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QZW8RW

No comments:

Post a Comment